Welcome to Ravenel Elementary
General Location: We are located exactly one mile off Highway 123. Driving from Seneca, turn right onto Davis Creek Road. Ravenel Elementary sits off Davis Creek Road in a beautiful wood setting. Click here to view driving directions to Ravenel.
Brief Summary of Instructional Program: Ravenel Elementary has a tradition of excellence. From our outstanding fine arts program, state of the art technology to our rich curriculum, we strive to meet individual needs of the whole child. We are an art infused school challenging each learner to achieve his/her best. Walking through our halls, you will observe a literacy rich environment, teachers using Smart Boards, LCD Projectors, and students participating in inquiry-based learning. Students are fully engaged, happy, and safe to take risks as learners.
Extracurricular Activities: We offer a wide array of extracurricular activities to reach the whole child. Students participate in Battle of Books, Boy & Girl Scouts, Student Council, Beta Club, Drama Club, Math Madness, Good News, Honors Chorus, Safety Patrol, Recycling, Strings, Early Morning Computer Lab, Walking Club, and the RES News. Additionally, each year our school participates in the Jump Rope for Heart Campaign; we have been a top ten school for this event for the last five years in the state of South Carolina. Every year we host our annual Artists on the Green event where over forty artisans share their love of the arts with our students. Our building is transformed into an art museum with works created by our students, as well as our visiting artists. Another school highlight is our Career Day. Community guests and our own Ravenel families share careers with our children, inspiring them to become “the best they can be!”
Special student incentive programs: The highlight of our day is to greet each student each morning with a “high five or hug” to begin our day together. Students are rewarded daily by earning Cat Cash and hearing their names read on the morning news show. Many classrooms participate in their own classroom goals for every compliment the group receives. Once the goal is reached a special classroom reward is honored. You may find children having a special PJ Day, Popcorn Party or simply bringing a special treat to school for the day. Finally, we recognize Cool Cats of the Week, Citizens of the Month, and Terrific Kids, as well as Rotary Student of the Month.
At Ravenel Elementary School, we believe:
- All students can learn.
- It is our charge to educate the whole child.
- Student learning is the primary focus of the school and each child has the right to achieve his potential.
- The school thrives when all students and community members share a sense of duty to one another.
- Students succeed when they are empowered to make appropriate decisions and accept responsibility for their choices.
- School should be a place where respect, responsibility, and honesty exist and where students feel safe.
- On-going assessment should drive the curriculum and should determine the instructional needs of individual learners.
- Education should prepare students for the 21st century.
- Home, community, and school work together to benefit all students.